It is worth knowing that in Polish nomenclature ADHD serves as shortcut of the English name Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. One can also come across other names such of psychomotor hyperactivity disorder as well as hyperkinetic disorder syndrome,which is specified below.
ICD-10 – what are the criteria of ADHD?
For diagnosing both ADHD and hyperkinetic disorders it is necessary to he recognize specific symptoms occurring in a particular frequency.
Lack of attention – 6 of the following symptoms need to occur and persist for at least 6 months:
- lack of attentions to error at either school or work,
- failure to maintain focus during play,
- child seems not to hear what was said to him/her,
- difficulty in following instructions,
- difficulty in organizing tasks and activities,
- loosing things,
- avoiding or unwillingness to perform tasks,
- difficulty in concentrating attention by external stimuli,
- tendency to forget things.
Excessive activity – 3 of the following symptoms must persist for at least 6 months:
- restless hands and feet,
- leaving the seating place in the classroom,
- butting into conversations and situations,
- noisiness while playing,
- having a fixed pattern of excessive physical activity.
Impulsiveness – at least one of the following symptoms must be present for at least six months:
- giving answers before questions are finished,
- Inability to wait for one’s turn,
- interrupting and disturbing others,
Moreover, according to ICD-10 the onset of the disorder ought not occur later than at the age of 7, and the above mentioned criteria must be visible both in school and at home and in other circumstances where the child is undergoing observation